Sunday, August 15, 2010

15th August

After a suntanned day which drizzled in the morning came the evening!! We were sitting on a slab of cement on the side of a street. The street was quite deserted as compared to the other days, for it was an evening of celebration for India's 64th independence day. We were having MAZZAs. Though it tasted good,I wished it to be a bottle of BEER! We were sitting lazily,talking lazily,sipping lazily in the lazy air and watched the lazy people go. Mild wind gusts cared to ruffle my hair. We happened to be free then from the worldly banalities. Loudspeakers from almost every direction droned on playing nationalistic songs. All this gave the evening a sublime beauty. Amidst these I was missing someone..I was thinking of how nice the evening would be if I could have her right beside me? I was thinking how fragile human relationships are,why can't we spare a second look before getting it all peevish??? I could have been a little more caring? a little more soft?  There was a dawning realisation. But why was I thinking about someone whom I had been ignoring for years?? Was it the spell of 15th AUGUST??? Was I thinking independently??? An independent evening whispered the truth into my ear.....

No comments:

Post a Comment